[I've released 0.7.3 to fix a small bug with audio in 0.7.2]
I can’t believe it’s been almost a month since the last release. I apologize for leaving you guys in the lurch with the CoreAudio hang issue for so long, but hopefully this release is chock full enough of goodies to make up for it.
This is a busy time of year, and many of you are likely traveling to visit family, or simply enjoying the time off at home. We’d like to wish you all a healthy and happy holiday season!
- NEW: Pundy and Frank teamed up to add full support for Logitech’s Harmony remote series. They even worked with Logitech to get the profile included in the Logitech software, so it would work without ANY manual programming. Not only that, but since it uses the codes for multiple Apple Remote devices, every single command will be both instant and not prone to misinterpretation. Brilliant stuff, guys! There is documentation for this feature here, thanks to Pundy!
- NEW: Ryan added volume normalization, to solve the problem of mixed-down audio being too quiet. You can enable it under System > Audio as “Normalize Film Volume”.
- NEW: We now ship with MediaStream v1.0, congratulations to those guys getting it done! I have always believed that it takes a lot of courage and commitment to release a version one-point-oh of anything.
- NEW: The OS X audio output device now tracks with Plex’s setting, so that DRM iTunes tracks and GUI sounds always play to the correct place.
- NEW: Enrique added a feature where the Plex background music fades down a bit when Plex is in Windowed mode and the window is not in focus.
- NEW: Enrique (who’s been extremely busy!) added a new menu toggle called “Float on Top” to make the Plex window hover above all others. The shortcut is ?-T.
- NEW: When playing music, we immediately jump to the visualizer. This should make it easier for people to skip tracks right away. Don’t like the new behavior? Set “visualizeronplay” to false in your advanced settings files. Also, when queuing audio files, we now jump to the visualizer after 10 seconds. Don’t like that value? Set “secondstovisualizer” in your advanced settings file.
- FIX: The evil CoreAudio hang.
- FIX: Enrique fixed some bugs in the Plex energy saver.
- FIX: Faster startup for online video streams.
- FIX: The H.264 speed boost settings wasn’t being displayed correctly, leading people to think it was off when it was actually on.
- FIX: The A/Z key skipping not always working in directories coming from the Plex Media Server.
- FIX: Enrique improved the proxy support quite a bit for those people stuck behind proxy servers.
- PULL: Some video player fixes by elupus.
- PULL: Seeking in audio files by spiff.
- PULL: Latest scrapers, including a Amazon scrapers thanks to jelockwood.
- PULL: Latest UPnP code from c0diq.
- PULL: New Shift+letter jump browsing by jmarshall.
This release also includes a new version of the Plex Media Server, with the following changes:
- NEW: Support for iTunes and custom genre thumbnails. Place your custom JPG thumbnails in the ~/Library/Application Support/Plex/Thumbnails/Genre directory (e.g. ambient.jpg). Thanks to padexx for the idea and spaceman for the useful information.
- NEW: There is now a “Most Played” section (by artist, album, and track.
- NEW: Support for the “album artist” tag.
Poor Barkley has spent the last month recovering from a knee injury. We ended up opting for conservative management of the injury instead of surgery, and purchased him a brace from Wound Wear. He’s in good spirits, although he misses being able to go to the beach.