Archive for January, 2008
OK, my head is still spinning from all the CoreAudio reading and VLC/Portaudio source browsing I’ve been doing. I’ve made a few changes that seem to help out the passthrough situation for people with the combination analog/digital ports and AC3 audio streams. Check it out here.
Note: DTS is definitely broken, I need to look at this more.No comments
Specifically, I’m looking for someone with a surround receiver hooked up to run this binary and send me the console output (specifically, the stuff about “Asked to create device…”, “Considering…”, and “Picked…”). I’m trying to figure out why I’m apparently the only one able to do AC3/DTS passthrough.
Please note that there is nothing new about this new binary besides some extra debugging output. It does not work on the Mac Mini. It does not provide a workable solution for solving world hunger.
Thanks in advance for the help.5 comments
Lots of good stuff in this release:
- Video thumbnails are auto-generated for stacked files.
- More OpenGL fixes for GMA950, it **might** work on Mac Mini and Mac Book now. If it doesn’t please paste a stack trace.
- Optimized, assembly-enabled version of ffmpeg now statically linked in, which means huge performance improvements.
- Subtitles appear to work for me better (although still haven’t fixed the assert).
- Fixed a few multi-threaded crashes, it played a Planet Earth last night the whole way without a single crash.
You can see in the picture that I dropped some frames, but this is the super-high bitrate 1080p version of Planet Earth that brings a grown computer to tears.
Have a try with this new release and let me know how it works. Please be sure to include the model of Mac you’re using, and especially what video hardware you have.
Oh, and reports of success with AC3/DTS passthrough would make my day.